Vintage clothing often has different sizing standards compared to modern garments. Since vintage items may have been produced decades ago, it's essential to refer to the measurements provided in each product listing. We take measurements of each item and provide detailed information regarding the chest, waist, sleeves, length, and other relevant dimensions. To determine your size, we recommend the following steps:
1. Take Your Measurements: Use a measuring tape to measure your chest (please note that we measure tops from pit-to-pit), waist, and hips. Be sure to measure over your undergarments for the most accurate results.
2. Compare with Product Measurements: On each product page, you'll find specific measurements for the garment. We measure each item laying flat. Chest is measured pit-to-pit and should be double for the full measurement. Compare these measurements with your own to determine the best fit. Keep in mind that vintage clothing tends to have a different fit and may require adjustments or alterations.
3. Contact Us: If you have any questions about sizing or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Vintage clothing may or may not come with a content care label. Here are some general guidelines to follow when caring for your garments:
1. Read Labels and Tags: Vintage clothing often includes care labels or tags with specific instructions. Carefully read and follow these instructions whenever available.
2. Wash: If there is no care label, we recommend hand washing items using a gentle detergent. Alternatively, you can take your garments to a professional dry cleaner experienced in various types of garments.
3. Handle with Care: Some fabrics may be delicate or more susceptible to damage. Avoid rough handling, excessive stretching, or using harsh chemicals when cleaning or spot treating stains.
4. Repairs and Alterations: Some clothing may have small imperfections or require minor repairs. We try our best to write any imperfections in the product description. If you notice loose seams or other issues that were not mentioned in the product description, please contact us.
5. GB Edits: It is recommended to hand wash or wash on a gentle cycle with like-colours and hang to dry. Raw edges may fray as intended.
Note that these are general guidelines, and specific care instructions may vary depending on the fabric, age, and condition of each vintage item. Always use your best judgment.
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding sizing or care, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Happy shopping :)
Shoot us a message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!